Translate

What Do You Mean My Birthday Is April 1 Not April 2? 3

What Do You Mean My Birthday Is April 1 Not April 2?

Today is April 1st, to most that means April Fools Day. To my Daddy, aka Pops or Pop-Pop, it is the birthday that for 80 years he did not celebrate. 

What you say, why not? 

Because my Dad and all the rest of us thought his birthday was April 2, 1930. 

Two years ago at age 80, Pops found out through the Social Security Administration that his birth certificate says his DOB is April 1, 1930. The only thing we can figure is that Mee-Mom (his mother) did not want an April Fools baby and decided to celebrate his birthday on April 2nd instead. 

We will never know for sure so I celebrate both days. On April 1 and again on April 2, I will call my Daddy in Ft. Myers FLA, and say Happy Birthday.