Translate

Wisdom Part 1

Wisdom Part 1

I've been doing interviews with those artists (musicians) who passed over for a while now. I have been talking to some of the most incredible artists. Billie Holliday and Bessie Smith are the farthest back in time that have come forward so far, but I know that as word spreads there, more artists will come forward. I thought I would share some words of wisdom given to me:

Jim Morrison "There is a part of me that is that Jim, but it's not all of me."

George Harrison " Sometimes between those two it was difficult for anybody to recognize that we were also in the room. Big egos, big asses."

John Lennon "Before everything big happened we were just a friendly lot of guys, just friends from a small town."

Janis Joplin "I think I did what I wanted to do the first time around when I was Janis, and it felt like I was creating something. I think the second time when I came back as Amy Winehouse, it felt like I was trying to recreate it."

Elvis Presley "I jam with others who are here and I watch others where you are to see who needs help. I've worked with many but they don't know it."

Johnny Cash "I came from nothing, I came from nowhere. My people weren't big people. And I always felt most comfortable with people that sounded like me, that lived like e,. I always thought to myself, those are my people."

Kurt Cobain "For me happy is that state where you are trouble-free, relaxed, excited. Sort of like an orgasm but in your head."

Karen Carpenter "I've been gone for a long time, a very, very very long time. And it seems as if the music that is popular now is not the music that I was interested in. Although I seem to still be a pretty big hit at weddings."

Michael Hutchence "There were people I played with, I wouldn't have been the person I was, the musician I was, without them. I got the opportunity I had because I was backed by great musicians, they made me better than I was."

Freddie Mercury "You want to know what the real story is? I was just a guy, gay, not sure, I was just in love. Doesn't matter, just matters how that person makes you feel."

Robin Gibb "I think that the music of the '60s was about revolution and I think that the music of the '70s was about battle fatigue and trying to find a new way to live and the music of the '80s was about rebuilding. That's how I phrase it in my head anyway."

Cass Elliot "My heart gave out. I think it had been stress and drugs and no sleep and a life of hard living. There was a couple of hours where I felt like I was so exhausted, I couldn't breathe. I had been partying, talking, eating, laughing. But I had felt like I was starting to lose steam and I went home. I felt like every step I was taking was a strong effort. I almost collapsed in the bed and I thought, I have got to take a few days to myself. Then, when I got in bed I kept taking these breaths, but I felt like I couldn't get a deep enough breath. It felt like the world was slowing down. Then I realized I'm really sick. I'm really, really sick here. And then I must've fallen unconscious because the next thing I knew I was out of my body."

David Bowie "I had a great life, then I got sick. I knew I was dying. I just let go. I wish I would've helped more people become what they wanted to. That's what it's all about you know, helping each other. Here I can help but there has to be intent on the other side, strong intent. If we are called upon, we will help. Humans don't believe this is true but it is true. Sit in silence, call us, we will come. Doesn't matter who you are, we will try to visit all that are sincere in their intent."

Syd Barrett " There are no rules or expectations, those are human things. We don't live by those here. When you leave that body you leave all the bad behind. Nobody bothers anybody else, we all just go our own way."

Whitney Houston "Nothing will ever make you happy if you can't find yourself. Pray, ask for help from the Universe. Don't take mind-altering substances, you won't be able to receive your direction."

Michael Jackson "I am an artist, a son, a father. I am just like everybody else in that sense. My life is no different than yours internally. I have access to more than others but that doesn't make me happy."