Translate

But I Don't Wanna Grow Up

But I Don't Wanna Grow Up

I've finally reached that point in life where I can say I am a grown-up. Not sure how it happened but somewhere along the way I became my parents. Here are just a few of the oddities of behavior that have led me to this conclusion:

I dislike the music of today and think that the only great music was the music of my generation.

I feel the same about most television shows and movies.

I don't care what I wear to Wal-Mart.

Comfortable flats beat Carrie Bradshaw shoes every time. I don't even own high heels anymore.

Weekends are for sleeping. And I would never be out past 10:00 p.m.

Concerts are loud and people act stupid. I'd rather stay home and watch it on tv.

Ditto fireworks and every other celebration involving more than 4 people

I don't care what you think about my opinions.

Funny how your life does a 180. I don't know what happened to that girl who loved loud concerts and bars, would never leave the house unmade-up, never missed a party, and lived for the weekends hanging with friends. I guess she's still in here somewhere.

My next question would be, is this all there is? Or is this just another one of those life transitions that are supposed to help us grow to our purpose? This too shall pass?

Will I ever be "that girl" again? I sure hope she comes back around. I miss her and I know my friends do too.

We'll see. I'll keep you posted.