Translate

Who Said Writing Is Easy?

Who Said Writing Is Easy?

Writing is not easy for me. Gasp. Really. For me, it is a suffering like no other. Doesn't matter what it is, either. An interview, article, Tweet or Facebook post, writing causes me agita.

I have a friend who is in her 70's and just finished writing another book. ANOTHER book, I can't even squeeze out one.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong. Maybe I haven't figured out how to unlock the magic door to self expression. Does every other writer out there have to be in the mood to write?

Writing is a love/hate relationship for me. I love writing once I get an idea, usually. If I am forced to write, like when my deadline is here and I still don't have an idea, it's a coin toss. Maybe crap, may be great, who knows? We'll have to wait and see if the mood strikes me.

What I hate most is when I think that something I have written is epic. Then I re-read it and it is not.

I think I'll go mop the kitchen floor. At least I can see the progress I made doing that!