Translate

Suicide Isn't Painless

Suicide Isn't Painless

My grandfather, Dad's dad who emigrated from Hungary, ended his life on his terms. I was so young, only five when this happened. I do not remember him, only the day he died, because it was the first time I saw my Dad cry.

Suicide isn't painless, it hurts those who are left dealing with the human emotion of grief, while the deceased enter into the next stage of their spiritual journey. At peace in their existence while we suffer speculating on the why, rather than accepting that this is what the human and spiritual being agreed upon it's time to go. If you believe that we enter into this human life as a willing spiritual partner, prepared to take on the challenge of "being human" then you would have to agree.

My challenge in life has been getting over myself and rising up to be the person I know I can be. Sounds weird, but we all do it. Getting over yourself. The lower part of you, the human emotions who make it difficult to be an evolved being, trying to block us from being our true self.

It isn't given freely, this gift of connecting to your true self, it is meant to be a journey of discovery and overcoming being human with emotions that keep us rooted in the egoic self.

We are two beings...the human and the soul. Each has their own agenda, which is why our lives are so hard. It is up to us to bring these two pieces of ourselves together into this one being so that we can work on achieving our individual goals.

And what does this have to do with suicide? Everything. Before you decide to end your journey, make sure you have consulted your partner in this venture, the other half of yourself.