Translate

I Get So Emotional Baby

I Get So Emotional Baby

I've been so emotional lately. I think it's a combination of the state of the world and the state of my life.

I have had to let go of good friends this year. My sweet kitty Cadee, only six years old, developed incurable cancer. My grandpup Gage was only eight but developed kidney failure.

I am watching my 90-year-old father wither away from Alzheimer's and my wonderful, beautiful aunt is only 79 but is showing cognitive decline.

My family is moving six hours away.

I am losing my girlish figure and looks.

My President is losing the election for his second term.

I could go on...

What now?

You, meaning me, have a choice. Sit around and cry all over your blog post or pull up your big girl pants and get on with it. Easier said than done. I prefer to do a little of both. We all have our own process and timing. I will remember the things that make me sad but as time goes on they won't sting as much. I am not ashamed to admit that sometimes a good cry lets the pain out.

I have found that it helps me to remember that things are as they should be. The Universe has a plan. We are only actors in the play of life. What happens is part of that play and like or not we are not going to change the outcome, no matter how hard we beg and plead and make promises to God that we will never fulfill. It is what it is and we should be thankful for the experiences we have, good or bad because they are part of our journey. It is up to us to move past our emotions to the place where we understand and accept destiny. This doesn't mean that we ignore our feelings and be strong. It is important that we acknowledge our sadness and mourn our loss. Then move on. Don't think that you aren't allowed to be sad. It is not a weakness, it is a normal human emotion. It is part of the healing process.

Give yourself a break and if you need to take time to have that moment in the car when you hear a sad song, go for it. There is no shame in acknowledging your feelings.

If you find that you are sad and can't seem to get past it, you may want to speak to someone who can help you put things in perspective. Asking for help is nothing to be ashamed of. Knowing that you need help and being too proud to ask for it is a hard way to live.

Life is hard enough without the burden of being unhappy and finding no relief or resolution.

There are many resources for help. Your doctor can help you find the right resource for assistance. Or a friend, teacher, co-worker, clergy. Reach out, don't bury your head in the sand, and hope it will go away.

Good luck and God Bless.