Translate

What We Can Learn From Adam Yauch And Junior Seau 18

What We Can Learn From Adam Yauch And Junior Seau

This is not a humorous post. The passing of spirit from one life to another is a serious topic. I didn't know either of these gentlemen and I never will because last week they both passed. One by his own hand, the other by disease. My condolences and blessings to their families.

Adam Yauch had no choice in his departure. His human body was terminally ill, which is God's way of ending this part of our journey. God called him home.

Junior Seau felt he had no choice in his departure. His spirit was terminally ill and Junior chose not to continue his journey. God allowed him to come home.

Despite the words to the "Mash" theme song, suicide is not painless. It causes the ones left behind to swirl in their own version of Hell, why didn't he tell me he was unhappy I could have fixed it for him, how could he do that, we are left with questions. No answers are coming, we must be satisfied knowing that this is what they felt they had to do. You must also remember that God allowed this to happen.

I know something about this subject. My grandfather decided to end his life, as did my beloved Brian's father, and very recently his good friend. Several years ago my good friend also ended his life and I was shocked. Never saw it coming. Most of the time you won't because most people do not announce their pain. They try to deal with it themselves. And then one day they just give up.

The bottom line folks is be kind to everyone you meet. You do not know what they are dealing with. 

Plato said it best:

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."
 
Greek author & philosopher in Athens (427 BC - 347 BC)

Namaste.