Translate

Reality Just Spit In My Eye

Reality Just Spit In My Eye

I've recently realized how out of touch with reality I have been in my life. "I'll never look old like that" or my favorite "I'll never let myself get fat like that" are coming back and spitting right in my eye. Delusional me felt that I would age, but just a little. I would still retain my good skin and hair. And I will always be skinny.

Um, no.

Dear Delusional Me,

OK, sit down, I am going to tell you the truth.

You are a sack of bones and skin that will eventually rot from the inside out.

You were born and you will die and between the two you will have some fun and spend lots of time not having fun.

You can't change the realities but you can change the way you live with them. It's all in your attitude. Let's get on the right track, the track that will lead you to the joy and happiness you have sought these 60 some years.

Go.